I’m not sure about you…but checklists are my life. I have to-do lists everywhere; from my phone, to an actual organizer, to post-it’s around the house. But one thing is for sure, each bride lives and breathes their monthly checklists. As an event planning company we set up all of our brides with monthly checklists to ensure they are on top of their tasks and help in any way possible. With the holiday’s approaching we wanted to share a checklist for all of you February 2014 Brides out there.
- Mail out your wedding invitations (6-8 weeks before your wedding date)
- Discuss and confirm party plans for your bachelor and bachelorette parties. As well as any shower that is offered, with your family, friends and bridal party. Forward them the list of people you would like to invite.
- Ask your readers to be apart of your ceremony. This will give them enough time to practice what you have chosen for them or for them to do research on what they would like to read.
- Your bridesmaids should confirm their dress order and the delivery date.
- Schedule your gown fittings. Your first appointment should be as soon as you receive your gown and your last appointment should fall no later than three weeks before. This allows time for cleaning and one last fitting (should be the week of your wedding).
- Start researching your local marriage license requirements. Call your town hall and see what the fee is and the timeframe. It’s usually 72 hours but each town is different.
For all the MOH’s, Bridesmaids, Mother of the Bride and friends if you are looking for some ideas on the shower check out tomorrow’s blog on some of our favorite fun ideas…